COVID-19: A message from Imperial Health Charity
18 March 2020
As we continue to monitor the situation closely, we are determined to take the right steps to help us play our part in slowing down the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the most vulnerable.
While we will do everything we can to continue supporting our NHS colleagues in the coming weeks, we want to let you know about some of the changes we’re making right now.
In our hospitals
· in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our volunteers, we are suspending all volunteering activity across our hospitals from Wednesday 18 March until further notice
· in light of guidance from our NHS colleagues, we have already suspended the vast majority of our arts engagement activities for patients
· we are also focusing our resources where the need is greatest, so we can help our hospitals manage the increased pressure on services.
For our staff
· we are encouraging our staff to work mostly from home and providing the necessary resources and support for them to do so - this may mean that it will take a little longer for our teams to respond when you get in touch, but we will get back to you as soon as possible
· for those that do need to travel into work from time to time, we are taking a flexible approach to help them avoid public transport at peak times
· we are also providing regular updates, advice and support to help our staff stay safe and well during this period of disruption.
As this fast-moving situation develops, we will continue to follow official advice from the Government and the NHS to make sure we are doing everything we can to limit the risk of transmission. The health and safety of our staff, supporters, fundraisers, volunteers and partners will always be our first and most important responsibility.
But we also want to reassure you that, as the Trust’s dedicated charity, we will stand by our NHS colleagues during this difficult time and we are continuing to provide support in the best possible way whenever and wherever we can.
Whatever your circumstances, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well.
On behalf of the whole team at Imperial Health Charity