With Christmas coming up, this year will be tougher than ever, especially for the children who will be staying in hospital over this time. But at times of great distress and uncertainty, the power of play can make the world of difference for children and their families.
More than merely a distraction, play is an essential building block in a child’s hospital care and helps to boost their recovery - making sure they're ready to return home as soon as possible.
This year, we’re encouraging everyone, instead of trying to find a secret Santa present, why not be a secret superhero instead, and donate the money you would have spent on a present, to our Paediatrics wards in your recipients name.
We’d really love you to share this with your family, friends and colleagues– you can still have the fun of a virtual gift exchange, knowing you’ve made a real difference to these children.
Simply hover over the image, and pick a puzzle piece of your choice, add a message and your donation, then your gift will appear on the page, revealing the photo below.
All donations made will go towards our Time for Play appeal. With your support, we will transform the existing playroom at St Mary’s Hospital, creating a vibrant and engaging space for play and other vitally important forms of therapy.
Children of all ages – from tiny tots to teenagers – will have the freedom to explore a wide range of age-appropriate games and sensory resources in a truly multi-functional space specially designed to encourage curiosity, movement and interaction.
Your support will make a real difference ...
- A gift of £10 could pay for simple multiplayer games, such as Connect 4
- A gift of £20 could pay for sensory balls to support the development of a child's motor skills
- A gift of £50 could pay for musical instruments, such as percussion tube sets
- A gift of £80 could fund a Disney+ membership for one year, providing a distraction for young patients and an opportunity to socialise with other children
- A gift of £100 could pay for an LED 'mood cube' to soothe and relax young children
if you have any further questions please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or give us a call on 0203 640 7766.Buy your puzzle piece now