Information for volunteers
This page contains useful information for volunteers and important documents related to volunteering with Imperial Health Charity, which can be downloaded. If you have any questions about the documents below or want to discuss anything related to your volunteering please contact the Volunteering Manager at your main hospital site.
This document outlines how Imperial Health Charity will work with the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust to run the volunteering programme. It outlines key Trust policies and procedures that volunteers will need to follow and adhere to as well as key information about volunteering. It is strongly recommended that all volunteers and staff read this document.
Further Training Opportunities for Volunteers
As part of our plans for volunteering at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, we have been looking at ways that we can offer additional learning through training, talks and networking events so that you can explore various topics to support you in your volunteer role.
We are really excited to be able to offer these sessions for volunteers within the Trust and hope that you can join us. Please see the details below for upcoming sessions and follow the instructions to book yourself on.
Delivering Service Excellence in Health and Social Care:
Delivering Service Excellence in Health and Social Care is one of the Welcome to Excellence series of customer service training programmes developed by Regional Tourist Board Partnerships Ltd. The training will be delivered by staff from the Volunteering Team and aims to help participants provide excellent service to all their service users.
- Tuesday 17 March, 9am-5pm at St Mary’s Hospital
See the Person, Not the Dementia:
This session will be delivered by Tommy Whitelaw, who after his mum Joan was diagnosed with vascular dementia, became a full-time carer. As a way to cope with the challenges of this, he started his blog ‘Tommy on Tour’, asking people to tell him their own stories of caring. This work has grown to become part of The Dementia Carers Voices project, run with the Health and Social Care Alliance.
- Thursday 27 February, 12.30pm-3.30pm at Charity HQ – 178-180 Edgware Road, London, W2 2DS
Schwartz Rounds are group discussions that offer a space to share and reflect on the personal, emotional and social aspects of our work in healthcare. They run at the education centres of each site, 1-2pm, with lunch and registration from 12.30.
- Thursday 13 February at Charing Cross Hospital
- Thursday 5 March at Hammersmith Hospital
- Monday 30 March at St Mary's Hospital
- Tuesday 21 April at Charing Cross Hospital
Each month CEO Tim Orchard and members of the executive team host sessions across our sites to share key developments in the Trust and answer any questions you may have.
Please follow the booking instructions below to register for these events:
2. Sign-in using the button at the top using your username
3. (If you don’t know or have forgotten your password, click on Sign-in to your account and then click on the Forgot my password link)
4. (Type your username in the ‘Username’ box)
5. (Click Submit)
6. (Check your emails and follow the steps to reset your password, choose something memorable as you will need to remember this to book future events)
7. (Now go back to https://volunteering.imperialcharity.org.uk//)
8. (Log-in using your username (this is ) and your new password)
9. Click on the Training tab
10. Click on the event title you would like to attend
11. Click Register
Don’t worry, if you run into any difficulties booking your place please call us on 020 3005 6391.
We look forward to seeing you there.