Information for volunteers
This page contains useful information for volunteers and important documents related to volunteering with Imperial Health Charity, which can be downloaded. If you have any questions about the documents below or want to discuss anything related to your volunteering please contact the Volunteering Manager at your main hospital site.
This document outlines how Imperial Health Charity will work with the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust to run the volunteering programme. It outlines key Trust policies and procedures that volunteers will need to follow and adhere to as well as key information about volunteering. It is strongly recommended that all volunteers read this document.
Further Training Opportunities for Volunteers
As part of our plans for volunteering at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, we have been looking at ways that we can offer additional learning through training, talks and networking events so that you can explore various topics to support you in your volunteer role.
We are really excited to be able to offer these sessions for volunteers within the Trust and hope that you can join us. Please follow the details below for upcoming sessions and how to book.
Dementia Friends Information Session
A Dementia Friends Information Session is a fun, interactive way to learn a little about dementia and how it can affect people’s lives. Led by a volunteer Dementia Friends Champion, it covers five key messages that everyone should know about dementia, through activities and discussion.
- Thursday 7th February 2019, 2pm-5pm at Charing Cross Hospital
- Tuesday 19th March 2019, 5pm-8pm at Charing Cross Hospital
Schwartz Rounds are group discussions that offer a space to share and reflect on the personal, emotional and social aspects of our work in healthcare. They run at the education centres of each site, 1-2pm, with lunch and registration from 12.30.
- Wednesday 13 February 2019 at Charing Cross Hospital
- Thursday 28 February 2019 at Hammersmith Hospital
- Wednesday 27 March 2019 St Mary's Hospital
- Wednesday 24th April 2019 at Charing Cross Hospital
- Monday 13th May 2019 at Hammersmith Hospital
Each month CEO Tim Orchard and members of the executive team host sessions on our four sites to share key developments in the Trust and answer any questions you may have.
- Tuesday 29th January 2019, 13.00pm - 14.00pm at Hammersmith Hospital
Please follow the booking instructions below to register for these events:
2. Sign-in using the button at the top using your username
3. (If you don’t know or have forgotten your password, click on Sign-in to your account and then click on the Forgot my password link)
4. (Type your username in the ‘Username’ box)
5. (Click Submit)
6. (Check your emails and follow the steps to reset your password, choose something memorable as you will need to remember this to book future events)
7. (Now go back to https://volunteering.imperialcharity.org.uk//)
8. (Log-in using your username (this is ) and your new password)
9. Click on the Training tab
10. Click on the event title you would like to attend
11. Click Register
Don’t worry, if you run into any difficulties booking your place please call us on 020 3005 6391.
We look forward to seeing you there.