A new flexible way to Help our Hospitals Do More
What are we looking for?
We want enthusiastic and friendly people to join our team in our new and important Charity Champion role. Being a Charity Champion is a flexible way of supporting our hospitals and the work of Imperial Health Charity through a variety of local events, awareness opportunities and fundraising activities. Charity Champions will work with other volunteers and staff to promote what we do in a positive way, helping us run fun and exciting events as well as raise funds for the hospitals.
What’s great about being a Charity Champion is the flexibility – you don’t need to commit a regular weekly slot (unless you want to) and you can choose the events that you want to volunteer at. All we ask is that you commit to a minimum of one event per year.
What will I do?
- Engage with patients, visitors or members of the public and encourage them to take part in the activities on offer
- Welcome visitors with a smile, assist with registration where required
- Talk to members of the public enthusiastically about the Charity to raise awareness about our work
- Offer appropriate Imperial Health Charity publications/materials
- Answer general queries and direct any specific questions to an appropriate member of staff
- Help with any fundraising activities such as bake sale or tombola etc, depending on the event
- Help us to set up and take down an event or stand where required
When will this role take place?
The timing of the events will vary. They can take place across weekdays and weekends.
We ask that Charity Champions commit to volunteering at a minimum of one event per year.
As an Imperial Health Charity volunteer you will receive:
- A welcome pack, with useful information about the charity and our work
- Training and/or a briefing, specifically for each event to help you interact with patients and staff and to best support us
- A Charity Champion t-shirt and identification
- Recognition for your time spent volunteering through our length of service awards and thank you events
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses for travel and refreshments
- Regular communications including a quarterly printed Volunteering Newsletter
- Meals and refreshments provided where appropriate
- An opportunity to feed back about the events you take part in and your experience volunteering with us
How to apply
1) To apply please click HERE
2) We will call you once we have received your application to discuss the next steps, and answer any questions you might have
3) If your application meets the requirements we are looking for we will invite you to an informal interview with a member of our team
- We will review and shortlist all applications received, applicants who meet what we are looking for will be invited to an informal interview.
- We will request two references, which we require prior to any new volunteer starting with us.
- You will join our Charity Champion mailing list and receive regular updates about our work and our upcoming opportunities for you to get involved with. You can then book the events you fancy the sound of!
We really hope you apply for this role with us and help us to grow our team of volunteers with this new and exciting position as a Charity Champion supporting our work. If you need help with completing the online application form, or want to know more about the role, contact us on email@example.com or 020 3005 6391