By 2022, Imperial Health Charity will have enhanced its role as a key enabler of improvement and transformation in health and care for London, whilst influencing development nationally.
We have worked hard over the last four years to establish ourselves with our key partner, the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, and we have expanded our activities and staff team as a result. However, we are ambitious and we want to do even more. Over the next three years we will:
1. Improve patient experience and help to deliver true patient-centred care
- by providing grants opportunities to help the Trust make fast and effective improvements to services and the hospital environment
- by continuing to curate and develop our art collection and arts engagement activities
- by engaging volunteers in roles which interact with patients above and beyond the work of staff
- by supporting patients and families in extreme financial difficulty during their treatment.
2. Develop the careers and enhance the wellbeing of Trust staff
- by funding research fellowship programmes, enabling staff to further their careers whilst contributing to innovation in healthcare
- by developing our charity membership offer, including access to arts institutions and special offers as a core benefit for Trust staff
- by providing financial support for the Trust’s recognition scheme to celebrate the achievements of Trust staff
- by giving Trust staff the opportunity to volunteer as well as taking part in charity events.
3. Enable innovation in health and care within the Trust and the
wider health system
- by establishing ourselves as a leading partner at the cutting edge of healthcare
- by funding major transformation projects within and beyond the Trust
- by building partnerships with key health and third sector organisations to expand the impact our work can have.
We will achieve these objectives through our grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising programmes, enabled by:
- income generation through our investment and fundraising activities
- raising our profile within the hospitals and wider community
- defining the impact that our work has
- developing our charity staff team.
Through this strategy we are putting people at the centre of what we do.
With patients at the forefront, we are increasing our efforts to improve the experience for everyone who visits our hospitals, which we believe leads to better outcomes for their health and wellbeing.
We are also continuing to invest in clinical innovation, equipment and research that will improve the care they receive.
We are focusing on how we champion our NHS staff through new development opportunities, giving them more autonomy to improve patient care and continuing our enrichment offer for staff outside of work.
Lastly, we want to work more widely than just in our hospitals. We want to support and collaborate with the Trust, with NHS charities nationally and with other public, private and voluntary sector partners to make a real difference to health and care on a larger scale.
To download a copy of this summary, please click here.