We’re the dedicated charity for Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital
We’re proud to support patients and NHS staff at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital, dedicated to providing a wide range of services including:
- specialist maternity and neonatal care
- a midwife-led birth centre
- specialist services supporting patients experiencing complicated pregnancies
- expert foetal care services.
We’re grateful for each and every donation we receive to support the patients and NHS staff at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital. Your incredible generosity enables us to make a real difference, funding improvements to hospital buildings and facilities, ground-breaking research and innovative medical equipment.DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT QUEEN CHARLOTTE’S & CHELSEA HOSPITAL
Your support is making a difference at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital
Thanks to your generous donations, we’re able to provide extra support for patients and NHS staff at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital.
Here are just a few examples of how your support is helping us improve patient care at the hospital:
- We’ve refurbished the hospital’s Early Pregnancy Unit, enhancing the maternity environment for the benefit of thousands of patients and families.
- We’ve funded special resuscitation devices for the hospital’s neonatal teams, enabling staff to provide life-saving care for babies who are born prematurely.
- We’ve provided extra support for the hospital’s hard-working staff by funding a range of wellbeing initiatives, and improvements to break rooms and rest areas.
- We’ve worked with hundreds of dedicated volunteers to welcome patients as they arrive, help visitors find their way around and support NHS staff in many of the hospital’s wards and departments.
- We've set up a dedicated fund, Poppy's Fund, to support the hospital's maternity teams in providing first-class care for every patient.
“I've seen your donations make a real difference through things like sending staff on training courses and providing them with healthy food.”
Muna Noori, Clinical Director for maternity services at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital
Donate today and help us provide extra support at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital
DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT QUEEN CHARLOTTE’S & CHELSEA HOSPITAL
You can help us do even more to support patients and staff at Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital. Donate to support Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea today and help us fund better hospital facilities, advanced medical equipment and pioneering medical research. All of which will ensure NHS staff are able to continue providing outstanding care for each and every patient.
Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea Hospital: a history
- Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea was originally a voluntary hospital. Its name was inspired by its patron, Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, the wife of King George III and grandmother of Queen Victoria.
- Dating back to 1752, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea is one of the oldest maternity hospitals in the country and has been based in various locations over the centuries, including Bayswater, Marylebone Road and Ravenscourt Park.
- After Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea was relocated to its current site in Acton, next to Hammersmith Hospital, the new facility was formally opened by HRH Princess Anne in 2001.
- In 2019 national inspectors from the Care Quality Commission rated the hospital ‘outstanding’, including the first ‘outstanding’ rating for a maternity unit based in London.