Are you looking for a route into work?
Our Volunteer Employability Programme at St Mary’s Hospital gives you the chance to gain practical skills and experience that will help you find your next job. The 10-week programme offers valuable learning opportunities alongside a hospital volunteering role, giving you a head start in your job search.
As part of the programme, you’ll be offered:
- a volunteering role at St Mary’s Hospital
- personalised 1-1 support to develop your employability skills
- support with CV building, writing applications and taking part in interviews
- opportunities to learn from the experiences of NHS staff at St Mary’s
- reimbursement for transport costs and refreshments.
Take the next step in your healthcare career
Our programme is designed to support anyone looking for a job, an apprenticeship or further education in the healthcare or social care sector.
We’ll work with you to build your confidence and equip you with all the information and skills you need to choose your next path.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be coached by a dedicated member of our team. And you’ll also be mentored by a member of NHS staff at St Mary’s Hospital as part of your volunteer role.
After 10 weeks you’ll receive your personalised employability toolkit, including:
- a strong CV and cover letter
- an interview preparation pack
- a reference letter
- a personalised exit activity plan
- a completed NHS form as a guide for future job applications
- a booklet containing information about different NHS career paths and how to apply
- a list of social support networks in the local community
- a pin badge for completing 30 hours of volunteering.
How to apply
Click on the button below to apply!Apply Now
If you have any other questions about our Volunteer Employability Programme, please contact our volunteering team for more information. You can email email@example.com or call 020 3005 6391.